Friday, August 6, 2010

Mish Mash

Today is going to be a very busy day for me. My oldest son, Trey, is graduating from college this weekend and my sister and her husband are coming for a long weekend. I have a million, OK maybe a slight exaggeration, but a laundry list of things to do before they arrive. As a matter of fact I have had this list going all week.  Mr. MySpareTime has been gone on business since Tuesday morning and is due to arrive here in Houston in about 3 hours.  He had better hit the ground running because I have a list for him too! One of the things on that list is straighten up my game room/studio/craft show storage. I need the room for people to sleep, we will have a full house for the weekend.  I must admit I have let the work area go!


Between the cleaning, yard work, filling orders, ordering new product for Kraft Outlet and general living, I broke my little toe.  Oh I knew I had broken it the minute it got caught on the leg of my family room wing back chair.  Boy did it hurt,  I was hopping around the room and thinking many bad words.  It has really thrown me for a loop, I will now have to wear flip flop sandals to graduation!  This minor mishap has made that list a little harder to achieve. 


You know your feet sure look fat and oddly shaped when you take a close up picture!  It actually looks better in this picture, but still swollen and painful. 

I wish my mom was here to see Trey graduate. She flew to Houston to be with him for his first day of Kindergarten and then surprised him and his brothers with lunch at McDonald's.  I asked him if he would like to go for a Happy Meal today to make school a full circle, but he said it wouldn't be the same without Nana.




 
09 10