Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My First Pattern

I finally did it!
After several people wanting to buy patterns of my designs
I finally completed one.




I wanted to get several finished on Sunday, but boy was this a time intensive project.  I even had Mr.MySpareTime tracing all my pattern pieces on to paper so we could scan them and have them ready when I get the directions finished. 

When you have been crafting as long as I have, it's hard to remember every little step you take to make something. It just comes as second nature to do simple things like "allow to dry".  I don't want to dummy down, but I need to remember this is like a recipe and leaving one step out could ruin the project.

One of my pet peeves is getting a pattern or recipe and reading the list of materials and then later in the directions it calls for something that wasn't on the list. What a bummer!

Now that I have the template all set up for the pictures and the pieces all traced, I am hoping that I can do several patterns a week.  I always set my sights too high, but that keeps me on my toes.

Take a look at what someone was throwing away!



I have to give a shout out to my friend Barb. 
 {she is my number 1 trash picker!} 
Thanks Barb, these are great!

And here is one of my Halloween things finished.







Thanks for stopping by.
 
09 10