Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My First Pattern

I finally did it!
After several people wanting to buy patterns of my designs
I finally completed one.




I wanted to get several finished on Sunday, but boy was this a time intensive project.  I even had Mr.MySpareTime tracing all my pattern pieces on to paper so we could scan them and have them ready when I get the directions finished. 

When you have been crafting as long as I have, it's hard to remember every little step you take to make something. It just comes as second nature to do simple things like "allow to dry".  I don't want to dummy down, but I need to remember this is like a recipe and leaving one step out could ruin the project.

One of my pet peeves is getting a pattern or recipe and reading the list of materials and then later in the directions it calls for something that wasn't on the list. What a bummer!

Now that I have the template all set up for the pictures and the pieces all traced, I am hoping that I can do several patterns a week.  I always set my sights too high, but that keeps me on my toes.

Take a look at what someone was throwing away!



I have to give a shout out to my friend Barb. 
 {she is my number 1 trash picker!} 
Thanks Barb, these are great!

And here is one of my Halloween things finished.







Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Babette....oh how I can relate with you on the patterns. I have been doing the very same thing. I never would have guessed the 'steps' involved in getting them ready and you are so correct that we just do them with our eyes closed but try and put it on paper for someone to uderstand...A REAL FEAT!

    Good luck kiddo.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen, as a matter of fact, you are the reason I started working on the patterns. You talked about doing your patterns on APJ and it helped motivate me to do the same. Your patterns are great and I just hope I don't poop out before I get a few more finished.

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let us know you stopped by!