Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Diamonds in the Rough

As promised, here are a few of the things I found at River City Trading Company in Jenks, OK.  Mr. MySpareTime was in his full hunting mode and found both of these great children's chairs.  He also found this great vintage window frame.



I found a wonderful old newel post and we cut it in half  to make two primitive angels.  They will have vintage tin ceiling tile or wood turning wings. We picked up some rusty metal crosses in Canton, Texas and they will be added along with paper mache' heads. 



As you can see, Mr. MySpareTime has already started getting them ready.  He has been busy sanding, painting, sanding  again and waxing all my finds so I can paint on them.    I promise to post  pictures of the finished angels in a few weeks. 

I got a look at the craft show counter and almost had a stroke!  My son, Trey is getting ready to start summer school and will have to get up for school about 5am, so I thought this would  be a great time to get some peace and quiet and work on my painting.  So today was the first day of my 5am wake up call and I feel like I got a lot finished.  I will post on Friday and let you see what I  have completed.

Talk to you on Friday.

 
09 10