Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tales of Surprise

Christmas is over and another new year is already here, and I wanted to share with you a huge surprise I received for Christmas. Out of the blue, Sue Kennon, of Shoofly Pie Mercantile, emailed me one morning and told me that she wanted to give me a Christmas present. Her wonderful gift was the website http://www.shooflypiemercantile.com/.
What a surprise!!

Several months ago Sue had her site up for sale and I contacted her about purchasing the site. At that point in time I was knee deep in getting ready for the Craft Show season and busy with my other site, Print Me Prim. The Mercantile sounded just like what I was interested in pursuing, but I decided that I already had too much on my plate and would have to pass on this wonderful opportunity. Well out of the blue I received this wonderful Christmas gift, and like they say "All good things come to those who wait". The Mercantile came at just the right time and I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason, so I feel like this gift was heaven sent.

Sue said her life was moving in a different direction and she wanted her "baby" to go to a good home. Sue is a Primitive Crafter and has another website, Shoofly Pie Dry Goods, so I know she has put a lot of time, effort and thought into this Mercantile. I have many ideas for this new venture and I hope I can live up to the trust that Sue has shown in me. So come on by http://www.shooflypiemercantile.com/ and see all the things we offer for the online crafter. We will be offering Internet advertising packages for Primitive Websites and we will have many resources for working women at home.

This is one more time that being an online crafter has surprised me! I have met so many wonderful people along this journey. I would also like to say farewell to a dear friend and neighbor, Betty Woodruff. Betty passed away suddenly this last week and she will be truly missed. She was the first person I met when we moved to our neighborhood in Spring, Texas and we shared many things; we both have 3 sons and love handcrafted items. Betty was a real crafter and loved all kinds of folk art. She was a talented quilter and was always active with her quilt group, "Material Girls". She was the coordinator of the Northampton Craft Show and encouraged me to rent my first booth. Over the years my craft business has changed and evolved, but Betty was always interested in my Folk Art and was a constant customer. I know that everyone who knew her will feel this loss. We miss you Betty!
 
09 10