Saturday, January 17, 2009

Tales of a New Beginning

Do you ever really think about New Beginnings? January is the beginning of a new year, this year we have a new President and that is a new beginning, everyday we wake up and start over. Sometimes life feels like that movie "Groundhog Day", where you keep doing the exact same thing over and over and over again, but when you really think about it each day has the hidden potential to be new and fresh and wonderful.


With the end of the holidays I am always ready to put away the decorations and get my house back in order. Nothing feels cleaner than your house after all the festive garb is packed away. My husband thinks it is a sad time, but I feel energized and ready to think about things to come. In the past week we have had unseasonably warm weather and it makes me think of Spring. My Saucer Magnolia is full of huge hot pink buds and it too, has been fooled into thinking that it won't be long until Spring. This winter has been cold and dreary for some and hard economically for many, so I think we should all be thinking about new beginnings.


As a crafter, sometimes it feels like you just get your Fall shows finished and it is already time to start thinking about new designs. I try to take the weeks after the shows to really scrutinize my work, what was popular, what was a stinker, what can I change to make my shows even more successful. I get it all worked out in my head and then I put it away for a while. I usually take the month of December off from crafting and try to enjoy the holidays like regular people. When the weather is cold and rainy what better way to spend the day than losing yourself on Etsy or Blog hopping. I find so much inspiration from seeing all the wonderful things that others create. Who knew you could do so much with duct tape, or microscope slides! After I see all the new and fasinating crafts that people make, I have to ask myself do I really have time for all that? Can I squeeze one more project into my already hectic schedule? But what the heck, I'll give it a try!


February is here and it is time to start working again, I have many new ideas about things to create. Take advantage of this time, become energized, full of anticipation and fun, make some plans and embrace your new beginning!

 
09 10