Friday, April 30, 2010

What A Find!

Yesterday my husband came home with a terrific find!  We have been working together for so long that he now knows what kind of things I am looking for in wood pieces.  Because of his job he travels all over South Texas and he willingly stops in on all the local Habitat For Humanity Stores and looks for treasures.  He found this beauty in Victoria, Texas and I am itching to get started on it. 


It's a mirror stand with no mirror.  I see endless possibilities for this and all that needs fixing is to putty a few cracks in the back.  It is suppose to rain this weekend so I don't know how far I will get with it but I hope to at least get it painted black.  I can just see a vintage inspired Folk Art Santa in that baby!  I will post once I get it finished.

We have been busy over the last few months hitting Goodwill and garage sales.  We have a large neighborhood garage sale this weekend and I am hoping the rain will hold off.  I seem to always find good stuff at this sale.  Here are a few of the things I have acquired so far.


Great old windows, door fronts and stair spindles.



A funky hobbit stool and bench, I think both are hand made.
And the pièce de résistance, the UGLIEST chairs EVER!



Yes, that is white Naugahyde upholstery with sisal rope hot glued around the back cushion.
What were they thinking!  My husband scored 5 of them for $40!  What a deal. I will let you know how they turn out.

Talk to you Tuesday!



 
09 10