Friday, May 7, 2010

Somebody Stop Him, Please!

I finally got Mr. MySpareTime trained to look for paintable items and now he is a mad man.  He travels on his job and while he is in different towns he stops in at the neighborhood Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity.  He found these two pieced on his last trip to Austin. 


This great cabinet is about 18" wide by 24" tall.  I think this will make a great Halloween piece.  Don't know exactly what I will do, but it will come to me, and the best thing about it was the price!




That's right. $4.99!!! What a bargain.



Then he found this baby, and knew I would love it.
 I have a vintage baby sled that I use at Christmas.
This was just too good to pass up.

What a Score! 
 
It is in perfect condition and even has the handle.  I just know this will fly out of my booth at my upcoming craft shows.  I will paint on it and someone will love it just as much as I do. 
Who would have thought he would find a sled in South Texas!

We need to stop collecting stuff, I will be painting in my sleep if we don't stop.
It is rather addicting, the thrill of the hunt, the finding a diamond in the rough and  the price negotiation.  Nothing feels better than getting a steal! ChaChing!!
Like eBay says "Shop Victoriously"!

I have big plans to get a lot of work done this three day weekend, so talk to you on Tuesday for an update.
 
09 10