Friday, July 16, 2010

I Have News!

If you love Primitives and are a primitive crafter, customer or just love talking about Prims then A Primitive Journey Community is the place for you. 




This community is full of wonderful women who all have things in common.  There are wonderful tutorials, informative crafting information, links to wonderful sites and super friendly members who welcome you with open arms.  Diane, from A Primitive Journey, has come up with a great idea, Primitive Chapters all over the country.  Each Chapter will meet the 3rd Saturday of every month, each meeting will be planned by a different member of that particular chapter on a rotating basis, meetings can include primitive shopping, antique shopping, going out for lunch as a group, crafting day, crafting classes etc... whatever you can come up with that is FUN and agreed upon by your members.





The chapters are intended to bring together like minded gals, for friendship, crafting, learning and networking, but you have to be a member of the Primitive Journey Community to join.  So hop on over to the Community and sign up, then let Diane know you are interested in joining a chapter and then let the fun begin!

In an earlier post I showed you the cabinet I found at Goodwill.


Well take a look at that baby now!
What a perfect piece for display in my booth.



All the displays in my booth are primitive black.  I think it makes the things inside pop out. Mr. MySpareTime fixed the wobble in it and then I painted it and added the vintage style glass knobs.  The cabinet was $29 at Goodwill, the Kilz base coat paint was $25, black paint was free (used it on my office desk) and I already had the knobs from something I took apart!  I don't think I could have found a piece any better for under $55!  You watch someone will try and buy it at the craft shows. 

Well better get to work, have a long weekend ahead of me. Thanks for stopping by, talk to you on Tuesday.

 
09 10